Given the second wave of the pandemic Covid-19, the DAAD and the International University Bangladesh have decided not to host the Falling Walls Lab Bangladesh 2021.
The DAAD and the Independent University, Bangladesh sincerely hope to be able bring the competition to the country next year.
Falling Walls Lab is a unique competition that provides young researchers and entrepreneurs a platform to present their research project business plan or social initiative. The challenge is to present this in just 3 minutes!
This year, the DAAD together with the Independent University, Bangladesh, is bringing the competition to the country for the first time!
The winner gets to compete with Falling Walls Lab winners (100 international winners!) from across the world at the global Lab finale that takes place on 8 November 2021, and also gets a ticket to the prestigious Falling Walls Conference where leaders from science, industry and policy-making meet.
- Call for application*
- Guidelines for application
Applications open only for Bangladeshi nationals or foreign nationals who study in Bangladesh
The date and registration link for a web session to answer the questions will be announced soon.
Application Deadline: 18 July 2021
For further queries write to email@example.com
Join the web session to find out more
21 June, 15:30 – 16:30 BST
Click here to register
* The video prerequisite is an important one!
So do make sure that you fulfill it. The following information will help you:
Making the video
1. The aim of the video is to help the evaluators understand the problem and the solution clearly.
2. It is important that they see and hear the applicant speak.
3. No complex editing or professional film is required. It can be a simple video shot with a smartphone or a camera.
4. As far as possible only the applicant should be seen in the video. If others are helping with the instrument, holding something etc., that is acceptable.
5. While there can be animations in the film, a completely animated film will not be accepted
6. There should be no voice-over / another person speaking on behalf of the applicant/machine voice.
Hosting and sharing the video
The video can be hosted on any platform (ex. Youtube, Vimeo etc.) or on any cloud server(ex. Google Drive, Dropbox etc.). Do make sure that the video remains available there till the results are announced.
The focus is the concept and communication. The video will be used only for shortlisting and will not be shared with anybody except with the express consent of the applicant.
The DAAD and the Independent University, Bangladesh look forward to receive your applications!
Book an appointment
Get answers to all your questions about studying in Germany!
Given the prevailing Covid situation, the DAAD office in Dhaka is offering online appointments.